Good sensible advice.
Don’t pay for a show you can’t get to see. For the day trip around Petra we needed transport, so how would we suddenly manage without transport in the pitch-black cold night? The agency knew we required transport help, but still loaded the bill with entrance to a Son et Lumiere show we would never be able to reach.
- engage in conversation with vendors if you don’t want to buy anything.
- ask the price of anything unless you want to bargain the price
- believe someone who says “there is nothing at all in that direction”
- answer any approaches like “hello, welcome to Egypt, where do you come from”
- expect to see any women in a street cafe anywhere outside Cairo